What Should I Do with my Life after Peace Corps?

29 July 2005

They'll Cut You From Their Bloated Budgets, Like Sharpened Knives Through Chicken McNuggets.

Yes!
Elation!

After 10 weeks of the aforementioned wart remedies, I finally realized my dream: The warts are cleared! The doctor signed the forms that I needed him to sign and I bounced them in the mail yesterday! So, now the Peace Corps will consider me medically cleared (Fingers crossed). And that being the case, I'll bopefully be in the running for a fall program departure.

I really don't think that any of you know how I am feeling right now, nor do I think I can explain it. Suffice to say that today really is the first day of the rest of my life. It's like the whole time I was going through the laser therapy I was stuck, waist-deep, in shit. I couldn't do anything more than I was doing, and I was doing a lot. But it wasn't having any effect, and thus I was going no where.

Now, I'm playing an actual waiting game, where the Peace Corps is a very real possibility for my near future. The light at the end of my tunnel is creeping ever-so-close. So here's to hoping that it all pays off for me.

I also umpired two baseball games last night, which makes a total 4 games I've umped. I think I'll get paid 40 for last night. Which makes a total $70 on the summer. Wow. I'm taking donations...

No comments: