Crapzilla
It's been over a week since last I posted. To all of you who had to put your lives on hold due to me and my blog's stagnance, I am sorry. Hopefully we can get back on the right track?
What an eventful life I have. I bought the new Harry Potter (book 6, for those of you not keeping track) yesterday morning. I began reading it once I finished my late breakfast. I finished it early this afternoon. It was good. The third book is still my favorite, but this one really shook up the HP world. For those who don't plan to read it, I'll spare you the wondering about who the Half Blood Prince of the title is. It's Professor Dumbledore. And, since I can tell that everyone is on the edge of their seats to know what happens in the ongoing Harry vs. Voldemort feud... Harry is still alive and so is Voldemort. But, Hermione is dead. She gets killed in a battle with Death Eaters (Voldemort's evil army). Hope I didn't spoil this one for any of you who have yet to plow through the 652 pages (C'mon, 652 is like 200 less than the last two books. That's as much of a break as reading "The Death of Ivan Ilynch" after reading "War & Peace"). All in all I had a good 24 hours of book reading, but now it's over and I have to go back to reading tripe like "Dune" and "The Godfather". That's the problem with books in a series: unless they're all written when you begin to read them, you're inevitably going to be doing some waiting.
Saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" this weekend too. I liked it. Depp is funny and I laughed a lot. I also enjoyed several of the Oompa Loompa songs. It's much different than the original movie, which makes sense, seeing as how this wasn't a remake. If you liked either the book or the movie, and are willing to see a different take on everything: you'll do right to see the movie. A highlight of my viewing experience was at the point when Charlie finds a ten pound note on the ground. A boy in the row behind me exclaimed (ha! Look at how fake that 10 dollar bill is.). Fool.
On a totally different topic. This past week, I tried my hand at e-dating. Yeah, it's lame. But when it's as hot as it has been lately, there's only so much physical exertion (I sit on the porch and do crossword puzzles while the sweat drips off of my nose onto the paper) one can do outside. So I took the the climate contolled atmosphere of my house. Ok, I can see that you're not following my trail of logic as to why I had no other real alternatives but to take up e-dating.
Well, e-dating isn't even the right term for it. Because I have yet to have any sort of contact or date with anyone, e or real. I just created a personal profile on theonion.com's personals site. It was entertaining, kind of, to look at other profile. But now the novelty has worn off and I've been e-rejected. In the worst way too. I didn't even receive an e-rejection letter... the empty inbox is shame enough. So, to all of you prospective e-daters out there: it's a lonely process and you're probably better off attending the local meat markets.
Nevertheless, I still check the profile every now and then... on the off chance that my e-soul mate will find me and perhaps transcend that bridge from the e-world to the real-world.
My life in recap: I'm bored(it's too hot to run or bike. our lawn has dried up and died. nintendo is quickly losing its appeal. we haven't started the basement bathroom due to baseball playoffs). I'm lonely(none of my high school friends live in the area anymore. none of my college friends live in the area. no one calls me to hang out. people have real lives now and I don't want to intrude/call them to hang out. when I go to St. Cloud, Maureen doesn't return my calls or answer her phone [she may have been abducted]) I can't sleep(I don't know why this one is going on. I'm restless and I've been having a lot of bizarre nightmares). I have nothing to read(I just finished HP6 and am between books. this is the easiest of my problems to remedy). The warts that prevent me from joining the Peace Corps refuse to go away... I bloodied my hand today, however, by biting, chewing, and cutting the warts off. In case it matters to anyone, I'm now down to 6 on my foot and 2 on my hand (But those might be gone, after today's assault). If anyone has anything going on or any suggestions for my life, please do not hesitate to contact me. I have many channels available. email: cmpeterson31@gmail.com . email would be fun to receive... I've forgotten the satisfaction of having an occupied inbox. No adventure is too small, no distance too great.
Decidedly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment