
So it's been 53 days since my first dose of laser wart treatments. I've gone every 2 weeks since then. This coming Thursday will be my 5th trip. I still have 6 (maybe 5) on the bottom of my foot.
According to the Peace Corps, if I don't get them resolved before the 11th of August, I'll most likely miss the chance to be placed in any programs that are departing this fall. Which means that I wouldn't be leaving until perhaps the winter, or perhaps the spring, or perhaps next summer/fall. It sucks a lot. What I'm getting at is that I have very short time to get rid of these warts on my foot. If anyone has any good ideas on how to successfully remove them, I'm all ears.
Here's what I've tried so far: (a lot of these were combined with other ones as well as on their own, i.e. pummice stone, topical cream, and duct tape; or aspirin and duct tape)
Pummice Stone
Topical Cream
Duct Tape
Aspirin
Knife
Super Glue
Band-Aids
Compund-W
Soaking
I've heard banana peels, but I have yet to try it.

On an unrelated note, I'm umpiring a little league game tomorrow. It's a double header. It's 3rd and 4th graders. I don't have to make any balls and strikes calls, in fact I'll be standing behind the pitcher and making calls in the field. I'm getting paid 30 dollars. Not much you say? Try saying that when your income for the past 3 months has been $0. Too bad they haven't asked me to ump all summer. I swore off umping older kids a few summers ago (too much pressure... I got tired of having either one or both of the coaches screaming at me for calls they didn't agree with. I'm just one guy) and since then I haven't had anyone ask me to ump. Until today.
So, my first paying job of the summer and I'll be bringing home some serious bank. God.


2 comments:
Dev! Great to see you're using the wonderful World Wide Web!
Here's breaking news: not only did I get paid in cash tonight, but I scored another umping gig for thursday night.
Everything's coming up Casey.
Casey,
I had a wart on my knee and the doctor gave me this allergic reaction gel. Basically if it touches my skin it would be bad news, but when applied to the wart it would kill the wart in a couple of weeks. I don't know if this is any help or not? For more information just drop me an e-mail.
Peace out,
Dan
Post a Comment