The night sky is spectacular tonight. There's not a cloud in sight and the moon is very bright. Especially for just half of the moon. There's also a planet to the right of the moon, but since I am no astronomer, I don't know which one. I stood outside for a few minutes in, what one might call, the friscalating dusklight. The mosquitoes weren't out yet and I had grown tired of watching some boring 20/20 about Kaballah. So I took my time in returning indoors. While I stood under the still cerulean sky, the 10pm siren sounded from town. Apparently this is the curfew siren, and any minors who are caught outside after this are apparently in trouble from the law... I'm not making it up, many times were my friends and I harassed for being out and about after 10pm.
Really though, I've got nothing much to say. It was a gorgeous day and I spent most of it outside getting sunburned while reading Lolita. I'm almost finished with it and I must tip my hat to Mr. Nabokov, he's certainly got me enthralled. Up next? Not sure, perhaps The Centaur by John Updike, or maybe Jonathan Safran Foer's new novel. Or something completely different, I mean it's summer and I've got absolutely nothing to do.
Brian Heilman stopped by today on his way from CSB to Mankato. We had a nice chat, he looks about the same as he did before he left for his Asian Choir tour. It was an unexpected visit, but welcome: A minivan pulled into the driveway and lo and behold...
It's the weekend, and I'm off to Mason City Iowa. We'll be celebrating Father's day with my Grandpa. Now that there are 6 of us in the family, it takes two cars for all of us to get anywhere. And since I'm not really a permanent resident, nor is Katie, it's not in the best interests to pony up for a bigger vehicle. Anyway, two cars means that I'll end up driving, but I'm going to shirk my duty on Katie and make her drive so that I might read or sleep, or both. Luke has only one week left of driver's ed and then he'll have a permit to drive as well. Which means that I'll be taking him everywhere and he'll drive. Even when he doesn't want to. Practice makes perfect.
Still nothing to say and yet I keep rambling. Better save some for another post.
'Til next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment