True, I haven't posted for some time now. For that I apologize, but at the same time I think you'll understand why: I had a revelation about blogging. That revelation was this: Just because I have a blog, I don't always have to post. So if I've got nothing to say, then I can spare myself the mental taxation and just leave well enough alone.
Please note that this rule applies to me only. I know that some people use blogs for the exact opposite reasons. That's cool too. But since maybe only one person reads the things I write (Tom Kain, are you still there?) I want to make sure that what I write is something to savor. Savour? Saver? Enjoy.
I got home from Steve's farm party. I had a good time. For all of you who declined the invitation or changed your minds and decided to not go, too bad. It was fun. Sure, there weren't many people there, but that's hardly Steve's fault: the kid sent out plenty of correspondence about it. The drive wasn't that long, and a tour through God's Country is always easy on the eyes. And the party itself was very tame and civilised(note the "s" instead of the uncivilised "z".)
We spent Saturday on Cottonwood Lake. I wakeboarded, as did Steve and Angie. Sam, Marian, Brian and Theresa, and I went Tubing (separately, of course... except for Brian and Theresa). It was not the sunniest day, but it was hot and the beer was cold. Not to mention the fact that Steve's boat had a cassette player and we rocked out to a 60's party mix that Brian had picked up at a garage sale. And so the Farm Party was. K-man didn't show, but neither did most people.
It's really hot outside, and muggy. I suppose I'll mow the lawn tomorrow. And sweat. And then run. And sweat. And then just sit around outside. And sweat. Sweating is on the agenda, which is a mental picture I'm sure all of you reading this are enjoying (Hi Tom, wherever you are, hi.) Sometime this week, probably Tuesday, I'll be painting parts of my house. So, I have plenty to do for a few days.
I saw "Howl's Moving Castle" last week and it was amazing. Really. It was so good. I'd urge everybody to see it, if you enjoy Anime or great stories, or both. I'd see it again, if anyone needs someone to go with. And believe me, I have open time. Except for Thursday afternoon when I'll be getting my warts shot with a laser. Ouch. Fucking warts. Some of them are going away, some aren't. Judging by those results, I suppose that I'll be accepted into the Peace Corps by the year 2010. Fucking warts.
Today's LA Times Crossword was easier than usual. But the NY Times Crossword is still out of my league. I'm currently stuck on the Cryptoquip for today. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to see them. The clue was this: K equals E
GKVJWPK QB XHKVMWPI HALMKOHKAIP YKMK GTWLCI YCTRKPJRK, BTW QHLCI PJB H'EK VMHQXKO JAO PJEKO.
I'm sick with this. I'm off to watch a movie or something. Shit to tend to, y'all understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment