Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, while an amazing album and I can't say enough praise about it, should not be listened to while riding a bike. You see, Jeff Tweedy was going for ambient sound on the album. This makes it sounds as though there is always a car behind you. But you realize it's just the music and shrug it off. But then it turns out that there really is a car behind you and you sometimes swerve to avoid big seams in the road, but almost get hit by said car.
Lesson learned and tonight I biked while listening to ELO. No way the symphonic-synthesizer-orchestral pop of Electric Light Orchestra can be mistaken for traffic noises.
Remember that. And remember this:
I sincerely miss those heavy metal bands
I used to go see on the landing in the summer
She fell in love with the drummer
She fell in love with the drummer
She fell in love
Shiny, shiny pants and bleach-blond hair
A double kick drum by the river in the summer
She fell in love with the drummer
Another and another
She fell in love
I miss the innocence I've known
Playing KISS covers, beautiful and stoned
Unlock my body and move myself to dance
Moving warm liquid, flowing blowing glass
Classical music blasting masks the ringing in my ears
I sincerely miss those heavy metal bands
I used to go see on the landing in the summer
She fell in love with the drummer
She fell in love with another
She fell in love
I miss the innocence I've known
Playing KISS covers, beautiful and stoned
Playing KISS covers, beautiful and stoned
Playing KISS covers, beautiful and stoned
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
casey
i read your blog. now you have motivation to keep this up - my entertainment.
tom
Post a Comment