What Should I Do with my Life after Peace Corps?

23 September 2005

Updating... Address and life

To the ever-dwindling number of readers (I know, my failure to post with any semblance of regularity has caused you to grow tired of consistently checking for non-existent updates...):

Here is my new address. I'm moving to Ukraine, remember?
This address will be good through December '05, at which time I'll be moving to my assignment and will receive a new address, and when that happens I'll post it on here (it's my vain attempt to keep people involved in my life).

No, this is not a plea for letters. But if you're bored and thinking "Hey, I should send Casey some correspondence," you'll know where to send said correspondence.

Casey Peterson, PCT
c/o Peace Corps/Ukraine
PO Box 298
01030
Kyiv, UKRAINE

(Yes, Kyiv is spelled correctly. And it's pronounced Keev, not Key-ev. Just wanted to get that out of the way.)

Also, here's a link to the Kyiv Post, a daily paper.
And here's a link to a Ukrainian to English translator (it also works the other way).
Oh yeah... I also added a Ukrainian Keyboard at the bottom of the blog. The very bottom. I don't really know what you'll do with it, but if you know how to spell things in Cyrillic, then you can use that and then copy/paste what you've written. It's pretty worthless, I guess, but I'm bored and I like html. One thing: if you click OK, you'll recieve a prompt in Ukrainian. If you click ok again, it will close the window. So just don't click OK. Alright?

One week left in the USA. Crazy. Scary. Exciting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey,

Best of luck with your two year adventure. What an incredible opportunity. Keep the Peace friend,

Dan

John Kamman said...

Hey Casey,

I know I called you a month ago thinking that you were leaving then. Well.. that one will have to suffice. I won't be able to give you the fairwell phone call (orientation starts today). So. Casey... be safe, have fun. I'm excited for you. I was nervous/excited/scared to go to Austria... i can't imagine the emotions you're feeling. Exciting! Life is good. Email me when you get a chance! Be safe. Maybe see you this summer???

-John

Anonymous said...

hey casey. i too seem to have missed the boat on calling you. however, you should still feel special because it's 5 in the morning here and i have no reason to be up. i'm so happy and excited for you. best wishes.

keep in touch as best as you can. i will do the same.

Maureen

Brian P said...

CAsey (Why do my fingers always seem to capitalize the A in your name?-fate I think.)

My advice for packing- buy stuff when you get there. If you forget stuff,or you need something too expensive to buy there that you didn't think about before you left, get your dad to send it to you. I feel like I sound like a preacher or a mother.
Eat well, don't talk to strangers, and clean behind your ears at least once a week.
t