What Should I Do with my Life after Peace Corps?

22 August 2005

Everything is Illuminated


Much like the fictional character of Jonathan Safran Foer in the novel "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer (The real person), I'll soon be making a journey to Ukraine. My journey won't include looking for the woman who saved my grandfather, but rather a two year stint of service with the PC.

I'm leaving for my staging session in "Tha Chi" ("And if you say Chi-City, Chi City... WE don't stop, no WE don't quit...") on Sept. 30th. A date that's very beneficial for me for several reasons (all of them superficial): The film version of "Everything is Illuminated" opens on Sept. 16th, as does the film "Thumbsucker" (Too bad HP 4 doesn't hit theaters until November). Kanye West's new album "Late Registration" drops on August 30th (I pre-ordered it on iTunes today). MacBeth is showing at the Guthrie, it's set in war-torn Africa instead of Scotland. That's a whole extra month to spend with family and friends, and continue to read books and puzzle over which books to bring with me.

Anyway... I'm excited and nervous and a bunch of other emotions that haven't quite surfaced yet. Thanks for waiting with me.

3 comments:

John Kamman said...

congrats casey!!! i wish you well!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Casey,

Keep on Keeping on,

Dan

Brian P said...

CASEBALLS!

That's awesome news, man. I was wondering when the PC would get themselves together and ship you off to save the universe (or at least the galaxy). I'll throw up a reciprocal link to your blog in NO TIME... but only if you agree to look at ours from time to time, and give me a tiny tip or two on how to keep the sidebar in the right place.

90% of the game is half mental.

Brian