What Should I Do with my Life after Peace Corps?

24 March 2007

What's Casey up to???

How am I currently whiling away the hours between school and sleep?
-I tutor a young lady named Myroslava. She's in my 10th form. Her mom confronted me during school one day and told me that I would tutor her daughter. I said sure. As it turns out, Myroslava speaks very nice English and it's more of a conversational half hour every Thursday.
-I currently see Sudoku everywhere. Everywhere. Let that be an indication of how much Sudoku I've been performing lately.
-It took me less than a month to demolish Thomas Pynchon's "Against the Day," all 1,085 pages of it. It was about, in a nutshell, Anarchy; Revenge; Physics; Mathematics; Quaternions; Vectors... It was good.
-Running. The weather turned really nice. So I've been out daily. Turns out that there is a lake in my town. Actually in the town. I never knew. I run around it (or as around it as I can go.)
-Laundry. This is nothing new, but it never seems to go away. Hand washing is not, despite what you might have heard, fun.
-I also read "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy (it took me a day.) It's pretty intense. But a good read.

1 comment:

John Kamman said...

Whats up my little Craker?
Up for a game of extinctathon?

sincerely,
Snowman